Whether you want to cut vegetables, meat, or steak, knives are an important part of your kitchen. Without a proper knife set, it becomes too hard to get the finesse necessary for cooking favorite meals. A kitchen knife set provides you with different kinds of knives including steak knives. Thus, it becomes very easy to slice or dice vegetables, fruits, carve meat or fillet fish. A good kitchen knife set comes with an incredible build and retains the sharpness for years. Plus, they are also corrosion and rust-resistant.
If you are interested in getting something top-notch and high-end for your kitchen, get a kitchen knife set online. It’s inclusive of every item that will make cooking preparations simple.
List of Best Kitchen Knife Sets Review
10. Joseph Door Store Kitchen Knife Set
This streamlined block collection is an excellent set, regardless of whether you’re tight on kitchen space or don’t want to clutter your countertop. Next, the stainless steel slicers have a silicone nonstick coating for quick cleaning. Plus, it is equipped with weighted handles to prevent the work surface from touching the blades.
The substantial block collection is not only ideal for small kitchens but also keeps little hands protected from cuts. The support that comes with this completely covers the blades when not in use, and thus, prevents cuts and bruises. It can also be stored high enough where toddlers cannot reach it. This set of kitchen knives is perfect if you a small kitchen.
- It does not need a unique storage space and can stick to the walls.
- Moreover, it comes with a set of four unique kitchen blades for different purposes.
- The stainless steel construction is robust and durable.
9. Calphalon Classic Self Sharpening Kitchen Knife Set
Sharp knives are not only more comfortable to use; they are much more substantial. A rusty blade takes more effort to use, making it more likely that you will lose power, fall and cut yourself. With this Calphalon self-sharpening kit, you don’t have to worry about holding your blades.
Built-in ceramic sharpeners automatically hone the straight-edge blades of the package every time you take them in and out of the block. What’s more, they’ve got triple-riveted handles for a solid grip, while full-tang construction certifies strength.
- The knife stand sharpens your blade every time you take it out to use.
- It has a robust stainless steel construction which is non-stick and non-corrosive.
- Plus, it has strong rubber handles for excellent grip.
8. Wüsthof Classic 7-Piece Slim Knife Block Set
The German-forged steel Kitchen Knives are for sturdy kitchen workhorses. While slightly softer than its Japanese equivalent, it has a longer edge and is easy to sharpen. This makes Western-style knives perfect for heavy-duty tasks such as bone-splitting chicken breasts or hacking through squash.
The brand has been making durable and practical cutlery for more than 200 years, and this package is no exception. Equipped with five hand-honed high-carbon steel blades and perfectly balanced handles, the knives undergo a unique sharpening method for an even longer-lasting edge.
- You can also pick from five different block finishes, such as bamboo, acacia and walnut.
- It has an ultra-slim stock design which occupies minimum counter space.
- The German-forged steel makes it extremely durable and long-lasting.
7. CuisinArt 15 Piece Knife Set
Cuisinart’s Stainless Steel 15-Piece Block Set is an excellent, inexpensive choice for a chef who loves a minimalist style. A chef’s knife, santoku knife, serrated utility knife, 8-inch slicing knife, two paring knife styles, and six serrated steak knives are included. A collection of kitchen shears and honing steel is also available. And all fit into a black wooden block that takes up very little counter space.
The makeup of the set is a bit different from most, including, for instance, a fine-edged slicing knife instead of a bread knife. For some people, that’s fine, less so for others. We certainly quite like the bird’s beak paring knife, which, with several sets, is not usable.
- The handles of the knives are made of the same stainless steel. Also, the blades come with proper polishing resulting in a sleek look.
- Moreover, it is very reasonably priced and is perfect for a home cook.
- It comes with a holder that does not occupy much space on the table or countertop.
6. Chicago Cutlery Kitchen Knife Set
Almost every knife-related niche in the kitchen will be taken care of by the Chicago Cutlery Fusion range. The massive collection of Chicago Cutlery includes a complete set of 17 blades, all of which are housed in a robust and elegant wooden block. It includes a santoku, a long slicer and eight complete steak knives. Most importantly, it makes use of high carbon stainless steel in its make. So, the knives are highly durable and serve you for years to come.
However, the USP lies in its 26-degree tapered grind age that is the signature of the brand. Hence, it enables perfect cutting.
- While the steak knives and honing steel stick with metal, the kitchen knives all have rubberized polymer grips.
- Also, they are very easy to clean. You can easily handwash them in soap water.
- This set contains everything you can suspect, such as a chef’s knife, bread knife, paring knife, and utility blade.
5. Shun Classic 6 Piece Knife Set
Shun (pronounced “shoon”) is a Japanese business influenced by the historical sword-making techniques of the Samurai. They come from Seki City, a location that has been seen as the heart of Japanese blade-making for centuries. Shun Cutlery is among the top knife brands in Japan. And it is doubtful that their Classic kitchen collection would disappoint. Besides kitchen shears, paring knife and honing steel, it features both a Western chef’s knife and a Santoku knife.
These specialist kitchen knives are for those cooks who work for long hours. Next, the blades can also hold their edge longer than most but are slightly more susceptible to chipping. With these knives, it is vital to take care, particularly in the sink or when cutting around the bone.
- They are of patented stainless steel high-carbon VG-MAX and clad with an elegant “Damascus” type finish.
- The set includes both German, and Japanese-style kitchen knives, unlike most cutlery collections. Hence, making it most appropriate for a chef who knows the best uses for each one.
- The wooden stock also has additional room for three blades, allowing you to expand your collection.
4. Messermeister Avanta Fine Edge Steak Knife Set
This one from Messermeister is surely a great choice for every house owner. Luckily, steak knives are not as expensive as cooking-knife sets. These elegant fine-edge steak knives are not so familiar to many as other knife sets are. Plus, they are only meant for handling steak and cutting meat.
This set of four is smaller than some of the steak knife sets on the market. Plus, the comparatively limited size ensures that you have more choices to customize the overall size of your collection.
- It comes in three style choices: Stainless Steel, Black Polymer and PakkaWood so that you can remain authentic.
- These knives are much easier to sharpen than regular kitchen knives.
- It is made of high-quality carbon steel and will not break easily.
3. HomeHero Kitchen Knife Set With Stand
This is a very budget-friendly knife set, perfect for the enthusiastic home cook. Unlike most of the knives in the market, these knives have a black nonstick coating. It’s pretty, but you’re going to have to be extra careful to stop scratching it off. The stand that holds the knives is made of translucent plastic that will help you pick the right knife from this big set.
We do, however, want to be straight; you get what you pay for in the field of cutlery. These cheap stamped blades are sharp and with proper maintenance. They will serve you well for a few years, but it would be impractical to expect them to last a lifetime as precious forged ones would. This is a fine budget choice for young cooks, but it probably won’t meet the approval of a skilled chef. The sheer number of parts in this collection is what makes our best budget kitchen knife to be selected for 2023.
- It is a 17 piece set including shears, bread knife, meat knife, peeler, chef knife, and more.
- The knife handles are strong and ergonomic, providing excellent grip
- It comes with a transparent stock, so you know which knife to take out.
2. XINZUO 7PC Damascus Knife Block Sets
The Premier Essential Block Collection by Shun is where you turn to if you need a genuinely professional-level set built for the world’s best chefs. It includes the most simple blades, all cast, NSF approved for commercial use. And one can store in a massive and stylish bamboo knife block.
The XINZUO Block Collection is costly. It is ideal for use by chefs in high-end restaurants that are more likely to invest in genuinely top-of-the-line cutlery. But whether you’re a home cook or just an enthusiast with the money to put into pro-level hardware, this is one package that won’t let you down.
- The excellent Damascus texture of the finished blade looks beautiful. It also reduces friction when cutting sticky food.
- This fantastic collection also includes honing steel to retain razor-sharp edges and prolong the time between sharpening.
- The knives are made of high-quality carbon steel to maximize their utility.
1. Mercer Cutlery Kitchen Knife Set
Mercer Culinary blends versatility and exclusive beauty in this six-piece package. We chose it as the best kitchen knife to buy because it provides high-quality examples of all the essential blades. But is a bit over what you would call ‘budget-friendly.’
The blades cover all the basics: a chef’s knife, a bread knife, a bone knife, a utility knife and a paring knife. Besides, it comes inclusive of a unique open-air magnetic rack for easy opening. All blades are made of genuine German high-carbon stainless steel and are heat-treated to a Rockwell hardness of 58. This helps to make sure they don’t chip easily.
- Visually speaking, the magnetic storage board is the stand-out feature of this collection.
- Good quality of service is guaranteed as the set is NSF certified.
- The knife stand is of acacia wood with a thin magnetic bracket to hold the knives in place.
What to consider while buying a kitchen knife set?
There are a few key things that should be considered while buying a kitchen knife set.
Quality: One of the most crucial aspects of a kitchen knife is its quality. Make sure that it is made of strong carbon steel or stainless steel as that will prevent rust and remain strong for along time. Some top-end knife sets also come with designed finishes like “Damascus” or “Tsuchime”, which add the added benefit of looking stylish and makes the blade very smooth and nonstick.
Variety: There is no single perfect variety for kitchen knife sets. There are various sets for different purposes. Some are standard kitchen sets which include a general kitchen knife, a peeler, and maybe a paring knife. There are also steak knives which are designed to cut and carve through the meat. Then there are all in one large set which includes all types of knives from the kitchen to high-end chef knives and is usually used by professional chefs who like having all of their knives sorted out and at an arm’s length.
Whether they come in a stand or not: The excellent quality and high-end kitchen knife sets will always come in frames which will adequately organize your knives. You may be tempted to buy knife sets that do not come with any stands as they are cheaper, but keep in mind that they have a higher chance of getting chipped or blunt due to the lack of proper cover and protection. Stands act as a protective shield while the knives are not being used, which helps them remain sharp and sturdy.
Why is the quality of the stand important?
The quality of the knife holder is a significant factor. Most good quality stands have a strong build and include additional features like honing steel; which sharpens your knife every time you take it out. Some frames also have magnetic layers which prevent the knives from slipping out, and thus, preventing any potential injuries. Some stands even have sticky pads attached to them, with the help of which they can stick to walls. This feature will allow you to place the knives high enough where the children cannot reach it.
Which accessories should the kitchen knife set come with?
It is always important to consider what type of accessories the set includes. The less expensive sets may not have any accessories apart from the knives. The good quality sets almost always include additional accessories that will further enhance your kitchen experience. These sets can come with accessories like sheers, peelers, a pair of kitchen scissors, and more. A lot of top-end sets may also come with additional storage slots which will help you expand your collection.
Explore the culinary skills with the use of a professional kitchen knife set and make fine delicacies. Eat-in peace and enjoy every bite.