Before the modern home cinema tools such as the projectors, DVD and the rest became the new cool for watching films at our different homes, there was the VHS. As recent as the late 90s, a lot of the films, music videos and anything motion pictures designed for home entertainment were still largely made in the VHS format.
For those who are not aware, a VHS is built like a rectangular box, only that it is quite light because its main raw material is plastic. It’s mainly black in color, and inside this light box is a magnetic tape which is encoded with PAL, NTSC, or SECAM as the case may be to transmit live images once inserted to a VHS player.
In recent times, with the advent of new technology and innovation, VHS have nearly gone into extinction. As a matter of fact, it would be surprising to find a VHS player in the home of a modern American family. This is because the rise of DVD, VCD, and mobile devices has made VHS redundant.
Sincerely, you can’t really blame anyone who picks any of these formats over the VHS format because they are just way better. For instance, VHS is a bit large and clunky, with the most common one coming in at a size of 4 x 1 inch. The weight also stands at around 6.9 ounces. Now, while these dimensions might not seem out of place when you compare it to what is obtainable with say, a DVD or VCD, then, you’d understand why people don’t want anything to do with VHS again.
- Best VHS to DVD Converters in 2021 Reviews
- 10. Roxio Easy VHS to DVD for Mac
- 9. VIDBOX Video Conversion for PC
- 8. Diamond VC500ST One Touch Digital Converter
- 7. ClearClick VHS to DVD Wizard
- 6. Jancane VHS to DVD Converter
- 5. DIGITNOW Video to Digital Converter
- 4. UCEC USB 2.0 VHS to DVD Converter for Mac
- 3. YOTOCAP USB 2.0 Digital Converter
- 1. Funai Combination VCR and DVD Recorder
Best VHS to DVD Converters in 2021 Reviews
In spite of all these, there are still loads of valuable contents out there that are stuck in the VHS format at various homes. Some of the all time Hollywood classics that you may struggle to find anywhere else are still lying somewhere in an old VHS tape. In fact, some precious family moments including wedding ceremonies, family outings, early childhood, and a lot more have been recorded and saved in these VHS tapes, and this is why people are looking for ways to convert their VHS tapes to some of the modern formats available now, especially the DVD.
If you are looking for a way to convert your old VHS tapes to DVD, there might be some options for you in the current market. In this article, we would be providing you with the list of the options we believe to be the top ten in the current market to help you do just that.
10. Roxio Easy VHS to DVD for Mac
The Roxio Easy VHS TO DVD for Mac is one of the best options you can get in the current market to convert your old VHS tapes to the DVD format. Just like the brand name, this converter would help you get the job done within a short time frame without any incidence. After the video conversion, it also gives the chance to share with friends and relatives through various medium. There is also the chance to watch your new video on all mobile platforms aside from the DVD format.
- You can easily convert your videos within a short time frame.
- It allows you to edit your new video and add a few effects to it if you want.
- It allows for easy sharing with your friends and family.
9. VIDBOX Video Conversion for PC
The VIDBOX Video Conversion for PC comes with an innovative technology that helps you convert your VHS tapes to DVD in record time. It not only allows you to convert, but also gives you the chance to share with friends on social media. It also helps to convert your tape to a file suitable for mobile viewing.
- Gets the job done in record time.
- It allows for easy sharing.
- It is quite affordable.
8. Diamond VC500ST One Touch Digital Converter
This VHS converter is one of the best selling options you have in the current market. It would easily convert your VHS to DVD and a lot of other digital options that you can think of. This means you would have your videos in perpetuity. It’s smart and effective.
- You don’t need a PC before you can convert your old tapes.
- It comes with a pause recording option that allows you to edit footages and keep only what you want.
- Allows you to share easily with friends and family.
7. ClearClick VHS to DVD Wizard
The ClearClick VHS to DVD Wizard works out just like its name; it’s a wizard that would help you convert your old VHS tapes to DVD in the blink of an eye. It doesn’t require any efforts from you at all, and it gets the job done in record time just like the wizard it is. It comes with an easy to use manual and all the tools you’d need.
- This allows you to edit the footages and cut out unnecessary scenes.
- It allows for easy sharing with people around you.
- With a compatible with windows 7, 8, and 10 OS.
6. Jancane VHS to DVD Converter
The Jancane VHS to DVD Converter is very adept at converting old VHS tapes to DVD and other digital formats. It is a standalone product, which means you won’t need a PC or other software to make it work. This converter is very effective in converting old footages to digital files that would last for generations.
- Doesn’t require a PC to work.
- It gets the job done within a short time.
- With a very portable and easy to use.
5. DIGITNOW Video to Digital Converter
With the DIGITNOW Video to Digital Converter, you can easily convert your old VHS tapes to all forms of modern digital formats, including the DVD format. It won’t even take time at all, all it would take is a single click, and your new video is ready. This converter is a standalone product, and you wouldn’t need a PC or any other software to get things done.
- With a standalone product that doesn’t require the use of laptop or software.
- It is very fast and easy to use.
- Allows you to share your new video with friends and family.
4. UCEC USB 2.0 VHS to DVD Converter for Mac
The UCEC USB 2.0 VHS to DVD Converter is another top option in the current market that would help you in converting your old VHS tapes to DVD. This can also be used to convert your tapes to other digital contents. It is built for Mac PC and gets the job done in no time.
- It comes with software, tools and manuals that are easy to use.
- This converter also offers you the chance to edit the videos and get the exact version you desire.
- With this converter, you can easily convert your old tapes to different forms of digital formats and share them on multiple platforms.
3. YOTOCAP USB 2.0 Digital Converter
The YOTOCAP USB 2.0 Digital Converter is a multipurpose digital converter that would help you in converting all your old VHS tapes to DVD format. This converter works with Mac, Windows, Linux and Android systems.
- Gets the job done very fast.
- It is compatible with multiple operating windows.
2. UCEC USB 2.0 Audio Capture Device VHS to DVD Converter
This is the second product from the UCEC brand to make this list, and it is one of the best VHS converters that you can get in the current market. It is easy to use, fast, affordable and also ensures you get high video resolution after your video has been converted.
- This converter is one of the most affordable options in current the market.
- Very efficient in converting the VHS files.
1. Funai Combination VCR and DVD Recorder
The Funai Combination VCR and DVD Recorder is a high end option for those who are not afraid to spend on a great product. This recorder can be used to watch a VHS tape in its original form, while it would also help you to easily convert it to the DVD format you require. This process is swift and very easy, and you’d get your new footages in great visual quality.
- Can be used to watch the VHS tapes in its current form.
- It is very efficient to use.
- Quite easy to use for converting VHS to DVD.
It has never been easier to convert your old VHS tapes to the DVD format. The products listed above are currently the best options you can get in the current market, and they would help a lot in helping you preserve those old footages for generations to come.