There are multiple brands and models of dashcams in the market but are they the best for truckers? A trucker moves even at night and will need a dashcam that can record even at night. Considering the trucks are huge, a good dash cam should also be large enough to record the surroundings, probably on the front and the backside.
So, if you need a dashcam to install in your truck, you are in the right place. This article features the top ten best dash cams for truckers.
- List of Best Dash Cam for Truckers Review
- 10. YI Nightscape Dash Cam, 1080p Smart Wi-Fi Car Camera
- 9. Rove R2- 4K Dash Cam Built-in WIFI GPS Car Dashboard
- 8. APEMAN Touch Screen Dual Dash Cam Built-in GPS, Wi-Fi
- 7. Garmin Dash Cam 66W, Extra-with Wide 180-Degree Field of View
- 6. VAVA Dual 1920x1080P FHD | Front and Rear dash camera
- 5. VIOFO A129 Pro Duo 4K Dual Dash Cam 3840 x 2160P Ultra HD
- 4. THINKWARE U1000 Dual Dash Cam 4K UHD 3840X2160 Front Cam
- 3. Blackvue DR900S-2CH with Power Magic Pro 4K Duo Dashcam
- 2. Nexar Pro GPS | Dual Dash Cam System
- 1. BlackVue DR590 Full HD Dashcam Sony Starvis Image Sensor
List of Best Dash Cam for Truckers Review
10. YI Nightscape Dash Cam, 1080p Smart Wi-Fi Car Camera
If you are a trucker who transports even at night, get this dashcam to ensure your safety while recording all your road movements. It has a night vision, so it continually records even in dark areas. The screen of this dash camera measures 2.4 inches with a resolution of 1080p for that excellent viewing.
Another outstanding feature you will recognize in this dash cam is the powerful battery. The battery is quite strong and resistant such that it can record and function properly in unusual weather temperatures. A reliable dash that will serve you in both summer and winter seasons!
- This dashcam has an inbuilt WIFI
- The battery still functions at a temperature range of -22 to 185 degrees F
- The dashcam has night sensory
- It captures footage for an angle of 140 degrees wide
9. Rove R2- 4K Dash Cam Built-in WIFI GPS Car Dashboard
With the UHD mechanism, this dashcam ensures to record crisp, clear videos of all the road events. It is a reliable dash that records large and clear images with a resolution of up to 2160p at a broader space of 150 degrees. The battery of this dash cam is quite durable, plus it can function in both cold and hot seasons.
The dash does not limit the time it records, one of the reasons it is safe for truckers. It features night vision whereby it continually records even at night or in dark areas. This dashcam has inbuilt WIFI that allows you to connect it to a smartphone to manage all the recordings or share. It also has the GPS app essential for helping you find roads while in unknown areas.
- This dashcam comes with a 1-year warranty
- The dash has an inbuilt GPS
- Connects to Android and iOS phones through WIFI
- It has a 4K and UHD recording mechanism
8. APEMAN Touch Screen Dual Dash Cam Built-in GPS, Wi-Fi
This dashcam has a dual sensor for the front and rear recording of your truck. So, safety and all happenings on the road will be recorded on the dash. This is an advanced dashcam that accepts a touch screen installing option, so you can have an easy time operating it than using the traditional buttons.
You will never struggle to view the footage recorded on this dash cam since it is made with 4 KUHD that guarantees clear footage recording. The camera has a resolution of 1080P to ensure you get perfect viewing from both sides.
- This dashcam has inbuilt WIFI and GPS tracker
- It has a dual view( front and back)
- It has loop recording incase the memory gets full
- The emergency video lock to prevent content loss
7. Garmin Dash Cam 66W, Extra-with Wide 180-Degree Field of View
You can easily control the settings and functioning of this dashcam while still driving. It is equipped with voice control mode, plus you can set the voice command in six different languages. The dashcam may feature a compact size but has a classic resolution power of 1440P plus a 2-inch screen for perfect previewing.
You don’t need to continually monitor the dash as it automatically starts to record when you start the car and stops when you park. It has a large storage space of 8GB, and you can insert an SD for additional space.
- This dash has safety measures like forwarding collision
- The dashcam features various alert settings
- The dashcam has a wide-field view of 180 degrees
- Has a large storage space
6. VAVA Dual 1920x1080P FHD | Front and Rear dash camera
A dual dash cam perfect for track drivers since you get footage of the front and the rear while on the move. Controlling both dashcams is easy thanks to the inbuilt WIFI. So, you can connect the phone to the dash cams for control purposes.
Nevertheless, these dash cameras give crispy clear recording since they have high-resolution power and HD recording power. Other great features include night vision for continued recording even at night and parking mode that enables you to park in different locations. The dash cams have safety measures like a 24-hour park monitor whereby it monitors your car while parked for an entire day.
- The dash cams have a loop recording mode
- Can accept an SD with up to 128 GB
- The dashcam operates at a temperature range of 14 to 122 degrees F
- Installing the dash is easy
5. VIOFO A129 Pro Duo 4K Dual Dash Cam 3840 x 2160P Ultra HD
The available 8 Megapixel image sensor on this dual dash guarantees you get excellent and clear recording while on the road. Also, keep in mind that it has night vision for your safety as you drive in the dark. Another design that stands out in this dash is the simultaneous functioning, whereby it records HD 4K 3840 2160 at 3x0fps (front) and 1920 x 1080P @30fps (back) time.
So, be assured you will not miss any crucial details from both sides. The dashcam ensures all the details recorded are instantly saved as it saves the recording after every 15 seconds.
- The device has loop recording
- Features dual dashcam records
- Record footage at 4 K HD mechanisms
- It has night vision
4. THINKWARE U1000 Dual Dash Cam 4K UHD 3840X2160 Front Cam
Not only is this dashcam a dual recording gadget, but it has a broad viewing of up to 150 degrees. You can conveniently record what is happening on both the front and back area within 150 degrees angle. The camera records using both the G sensor and Sony sensor to make sure you don’t miss out on any details while on the road.
Something else worth noting is that both dashcams record at the same time. The dashcam will also enable you to park safely, especially in a crowded area, since it has the parking mode. It does not provide loud noises even when recording in darker spaces, plus it has a night vision to suit truckers who travel at night.
- This dashcam gives a record relief view of 150 degrees
- Comes with one year warranty
- This dashcam has the Thinkare Cloud 2 0
3. Blackvue DR900S-2CH with Power Magic Pro 4K Duo Dashcam
You will never miss out on scenes that occurs while you drive your truck day and night. This dashcam has dual record mode for both the front and the backside, and they both record simultaneously. Installing this dashcam to a truck is easy, considering there are only a few steps to follow.
You can download the Free Black Vue Over the Cloud Service app for the comfort of your viewing of the recorded images or videos. This also provides the view live emergency alarm to keep you alert while on the road. The storage space in this dashcam is large as it comes with a 16 GB SD card.
- This dashcam functions the best in hot climates
- Has an inbuilt GS and WIFI
- The front view has 8 megapixels while the rear has 2.1 megapixel
- It has a large memory
2. Nexar Pro GPS | Dual Dash Cam System
Even if you get lost on your way, be sure that the Nexar pro GPS dash cam will help you find the way. It is an upgraded newer version that guarantees better viewing and recording of contents while on the road. This dashcam has a large field view recording of 155 degrees and has a resolution power that extends to 1080P.
So, you will never struggle to view the recorded details or rather content. It has a free cloud backup to make sure even if it runs out of storage space, your content will be saved forever. The inbuilt WIFI makes it possible to connect the dash with a smart device, so you can share your recorded road footage or save it on the phone.
- Comes with a large memory space of 32 or 128 GB
- It is compatible with all Nexar apps for easy control
- It has the cloud backup
- The dashcam can be paired with a smartphone
1. BlackVue DR590 Full HD Dashcam Sony Starvis Image Sensor
One great noticeable feature in this dash cam is the high impact and motion sensor that ensures every motion or movement is recorded in the surroundings. This dashcam has an HD function with a resolution of 1080P. It is dual, which means that; it records footages on both front and rear areas.
The dashcam is designed to function even at night thanks to the night vision sensor that promotes night recording. It supports loop recording even when the memory is full to prevent footage loss.
- The dashcam has a memory space of 16 GB
- Have a resolution of 1080P
- The dashcam has a blackvue viewer option
- Supports multiple motion recording options
These are the ten best dashcams for truckers. The majority of our reviewed dash cams for truckers have dual camera mode so that you can capture footage on the front and rear sides. They have smart settings such as inbuilt GPS and WIFI, which allow you to connect with other smart devices for easy control and saving footages.